In order to please Supreme Lord Sri Krishna, Omaha Gita Group is organizing Gita Jayanti Celebrations this year on December 10th 2011 (Saturday) at Hindu temple in Omaha. Gita Jayanti is the day Supreme Lord Sri Krishna spoke Gita to Arjuna for the benefit of the mankind in the battle field of Kurukshetra. This is celebrated across the world in various ways. We are glad to organize this festival in Omaha, probably first time in history of Omaha.
Besides other programs, we are going to have kid’s programs as well. We will provide training to kids to participate in this event.
Kids can participate in one or more of the following events:
1) Gita Shlokas for the age group (4 yrs to 10 yrs). Adults can also participate.
2) Gita Shlokas for the age group (10 yrs +). Adults can also participate.
3) Mahabharat Quiz (from 4 to 15 yrs)
4) Bhajans/Kirtans (age 4 +). Adults can also participate
We will conduct five to six classes before the event. Each class is expected to last for an hour and fifteen minutes. Each kid is expected to practice the given Shlokas at home for ten minutes daily. We will try to make these classes as fun as possible. Refreshments/snacks will be provided in each class.
There is no cost for training or to participating in the event.
All participating kids will get a gift from Omaha Gita Group on Gita Jayanti celebration Day.
Please register your kids ASAP by emailing email@example.com or by calling Vidya at 402-991-9772.
Bhagavad Gita is spoken by Supreme Lord Sri Krishna 5000+years back and is revered by greatest saints, philosophers, scientists and as well as common people across the world. Gita has been endorsed by Jagadguru Adi Shankarachrya, Sri Madhvacharya, Sri Ramanujacharya, Sri Nimbarka, Sri Vallabhacharya, Sri Madhvendra Puri, Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu etc to name a few. In modern times, scientists like Einstein, Newton, Oppenhemier etc read Gita daily. Gita is taught in various universities across the world.
· Learning Gita Shlokas is all auspicious. Gita is considered to be the essence of all the vedas and it’s directly spoken by Supreme Lord Sri Krishna.
· Kids learning shlokas at very young age makes them spiritually strong in life and they are likely to be more peaceful and successful in their life.
· There are millions of incidents where people’s lives changed into good by the teachings of Gita.
· Understanding and practicing Gita’s teachings is guaranteed to liberate oneself from the cycle of birth and death.
Please extend your kind support and let’s make this program a grand success together!
Thank you very much!
Omaha Gita Group
P.S.: Please forward this link to your friends ASAP! Thank you!