ISKCON Omaha Gita Group was started in the year 2005. This was an idea of His Holiness Danavir Goswami for us to get together and discuss Gita’s teachings. He is a senior disciple of Srila Prabhupada, the founder Acharya of ISKCON (International Society for Krishna Consciousness).
Please check our weekly programs page for our latest offerings.
There is no ISKCON temple in Omaha. We are conducting weekly gatherings in devotees’ homes. Please contact Bhaskarananda @402-214-8243, if you have any questions or contact us through our contact page.
Goals of this group:
When Srila Prabhupada established in July 1966 in New York Krishna consciousness movement (ISKCON), he set its seven goals:
1. To systematically spread spiritual knowledge in the whole society and educate all people in principles of spiritual life to check the imbalance of life values and to achieve real unity and peace in the world.
2. To spread Krishna consciousness in the way it is revealed in the Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam.
3. To bring together members of the movement and lead them to Krishna, the original person, and in this way develop in them and the whole humanity the idea that every soul is part and parcel of God (Krishna).
4. To teach and support sankirtana movement, congregational chanting of the holy names of God, as it is revealed in the teaching of Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu.
5. To develop places of pilgrimage related to the pastimes of Lord Krishna for the benefit of members and the whole society.
6. To associate members for the purpose of teaching more simple and natural way of life.
7. To print and spread periodical publications, books and other literature to fulfill above-mentioned goals.